[MiNT] uname (conclusion)

Hi!

As far as I can see it the majority has decided that future versions of
uname should reply "FreeMiNT", right?  From what I understood of Eric R.
Smith's posting that's also the solution he prefers.

So, this should be put on the TODO list for the MiNTlib.  In my opinion
this should be done for all kernel versions >= 1.14.  For older kernels
uname should then still reply "MiNT".

The second conclusion:  When porting software you should be prepared for
"MiNT", "FreeMiNT" and "mint" as the output of uname.  If you think that
your port is also valid for MagiC, TOS, Geneva etc. you should also
prepare for "TOS".

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/
mailto:gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de

That Xanthippe's husband should have become so great a philosopher is
remarkable.  Amid all the scolding, to be able to think!  But he could not
write: that was impossible.  Socrates has not left us a single book.
		-- Heine