Re: AW: [MiNT] shareware on MiNT?

> > I do have one very important question:
> >
> > How easy/difficult is it to register software outside Germany?
> > What about, from outside European Union territory?
> >
> > Last year, I wanted to register a shareware (can't remember which)
> > but I eventually gave up, because sending that 20 DM from Canada
> > would have costed me more than the shareware fee itself.....
> >
> > Nowadays, I guess I'm lucky I moved to Finland (an EU country),
> > but still....
>
> Well, get a US dollar note, put it into an envelope and send it.
> Alternatively you can send a type of US dollar cheque, which can be
> cashed just everywhere (can't remember the exact name).

Putting money in an envelope is out of the question; Canadian laws even
forbid it.

Cheques or postal orders cost a fortune, especially towards Europe,
because all sorts of extra guarantees must be provided by the bank
or postal service, since Canadian banking laws are _much_ different
from the European laws.

Read again what I've said above:

the shareware I wanted to register would have cost me more in banking
fees than the price of the shareware itself.

In other words, cross-continental payments are a _MAJOR_ pain in the
ass...  and recently, when I had to send some money to my family in
Canada from my new home in Finland, I had yet another proof of this.

  'Nuff said...

  Martin-Eric Racine * http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
  The Atari TT030 Homepage * http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/