Re: [MiNT] drive letters (was: Kernal questions)

Martin-Eric Racine <q-funk@pp.fishpool.com> writes:

|> > Well, yes, I would agree with Julian here.
|>
|> > BTW. drives are available in /dev anyways, though they're invisible.
|> > But try cd /dev/a
|>
|> Let's see how Linux handles this:
|>
|> fsck repairs/verifies drive letters, but the drives are mounted as
|> filesystems.  For example, floppy is accessed as /floppy and cd as
|> /cdrom, but other drives are mounted

What are you talking about??  There are no such things as "drive letters"
in Unix, all you have are device files or plain files as filesystem
images.  Moreover, if you fsck a mounted filesystem you'll get what you
deserve (i.e. a corrupted filesystem).

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.cs.uni-dortmund.de                      completely different"