Re: [MiNT] Basilisk II - An Open Source 68k

> A few years ago a free mac-emulator would be high on my wish-list, but now that
> I actually *use* Mac's a bit and has realised that MacOS sucks even on fast
> G3's I'm not particularly interested in running the same OS on a 68k-emulator...

While I agree that MacOS isn't terribly cool (I run MkLinux on my G3 box at
work (Thank God for Unix and X!)), I would be willing to live with it from
time to time even on our relatively slow machines to get at some of the
software.

It's too bad that Basilisk apparently only runs 7.x (was x == 5?) and up.
The older versions would be a lot smaller and quicker. A minimal install
of 6.0.7 (or something like that) on the SE I bought recently (about $12)
is only 300 kbyte or so. The speed seems reasonable too (and that's on a
68000 with 2 Mbyte RAM), but it's a bit difficult to tell since I haven't
got the harddrive running yet...

Why do you say '68k-emulator', by the way?
Basilisk runs natively on the Amiga.

--
  Chalmers University   | Why are these |  e-mail:   rand@cd.chalmers.se
     of Technology      |  .signatures  |            johan@rand.thn.htu.se
                        | so hard to do |  WWW/ftp:  rand.thn.htu.se
   Gothenburg, Sweden   |     well?     |            (MGIFv5, QLem, BAD MOOD)