Re: [MiNT] Problems with booting up N.AES (again)

> > Where (on what filesystem) you have the NAES executable?
>
> Hmm... would this explain the problems I have had recently?
>
> NVDI boots from AUTO on a TOS drive, but its fonts folder and
> N.AES are on my main Minix partition.  Could that be it?

Well. Do you load NVDI before MiNT? If so, I have an impression, that NVDI
during initialization would like to access its font folder. And if it is
on Minix, it (the font folder) does not exist before MiNT starts and loads
filesystems.

If you load NVDI after MiNT, your problems may come from just that. It is
known that the system does not behave stable if NVDI is loaded after MiNT.

And well, yes, I had problems booting up NAES. I noticed that problems are
somehow related to MiNT modules (XFS/XDD) and to the filesystem where NAES
binary resides. Namely, when it turned over that NAES does not start
anymore after a kernel update, and it was located on Minix, i moved it to
partition C: (which is FATFS on my system) and it worked again.

And don't ask me why.

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |
|http://www.obta.uw.edu.pl/~draco/
|http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.