Re: [MiNT] memory protection on Afterburner04

On Tue, 4 May 1999 18:36:29 +0200, Michael Schwingen wrote:

> > was possible to set cache-mode separately on each process, would this be
> > possible? IIRC there are some free flags left in the program-header...
>
> It should be possible - I have thought about this, too, some time ago.
> However, since very few programs do not work with copyback cache enabled (at
> least on my Milan), I never bothered to investigate further.
>
> Do you really feel it is worth the effort?

That depends on how much effort it will take... It's not *that* badly needed,
and as older apps are gradually phased out the need for cache-control will
probably go away. However, I currently have three or four apps I regularely
use that crash if copyback is enabled when they load. Previously I've just
disabled CB-cache manually before starting these apps, this is obviously no
longer possible with memory-protection enabled.

/*
**
*/