Re: [MiNT] memory protection on Afterburner04

Hi!

> You could always pad the first 8k with NOPs or something... OK, that's a
> ugly hack, but the kernel really should be protected. A "MiLO" would perhaps
> be the most elegant solution.

Yes, a initial loader is the best solution to do all the stuff in a clean
way. These loader must do the hardware dependent setup.

- setup or build the initial kernel mmu tree
- examine the current memory layout, physical blocks and so on
- examine the already allocated memory blocks in the TOS
  memory management; all these blocks will be kernel space
- load the kernel into these address space

But we need help for this.

> I'll have to compile a debug-kernel first then...
> (10 mins. later...) I can dump the mmu-tree alright, but TosWin2 only reads
> the first 10 lines or so I can't get a log :-(

You must increase the xconout2 buffer for this.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040