[MiNT] Problem with cnews and ext2fs

Since yesterday I moved my whole system over from the current 850 MB drive
to my new 2 GB drive with ext2fs, and it all seems to be working nicely
except for one (important) thing.

On the ext2 partitions, cnews fails to operate because it always thinks
the disc is full. This means that no incoming articles are processed and
cnews entirely ceases to operate. In reality there is hundreds of
megabytes of space available. This problem affects all the cnews programs
such as relaynews, rnews and dostatfs.

On the minix filesystem this does not happen. I don't know whether this is
some kind of cnews bug, or a bug in the new ext2 driver.

I believe the cnews binaries that I am using came from KGMD, but I can't
be sure about that now. I will look into this in more detail shortly but
in the mean time I would appreciate any suggestions that may be relevant.

In particular, has anyone else noticed a problem like this, and is anyone
else using cnews under MiNT (on ext2fs or otherwise)?

I also have another problem with the ext2fs, only in this case it is
probably caused only by my ignorance. I can't get the badblocks tool to
work - when I specify a partition on the commandline, it fails saying
"badblocks: file not found while trying to open drive e" (or which ever
drive I specify). How do I specify which partition to work on?

| Mario Becroft                * Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group |
| mb@tos.pl.net                * Atari Hardware Developments            |
| http://www.ak.planet.gen.nz/~mario/ * Atari Serial Mouse Interface    |