Re: [MiNT] ifconfig fixed (please README)

On Tue, Jun 01, 1999 at 09:14:55AM +0300, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> The only thing now is, I have to figure out a way to recompile
> slattach without GCC complaining that _unx2dos is redefined in
> a different context (it's the only bin of the package which
> has hard-coded paths).

Do you get a "doubly defined symbol" error?
Then try to find a common header file and

#ifdef __MINT__
# define _unx2dos my_local_unx2dos
#endif

_unx2dos is an internal function of the MiNTLib, application software
shouldn't use this name (generally speaking, all underscored identifiers
are reserved to the libc).

Or does slattach actually want to reference that internal function but
uses a wrong prototype? In that case try to #include <support.h> and
delete the prototype in your sources.

If this doesn't help, please send me the exact error message from gcc and
I will tell you how to fix it.

Ciao

Guido
--