Re: [MiNT] MiNT and PureC

On Fri, Jun 04, 1999 at 08:09:05AM +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:
> > > BTW: it should be possible to maintain a unique makefile for
> > both compilers,
> > > right?
> >
> > Better not.  PureC needs other files.
>
> So? It's possible to handle that with gnu-make, isn't it?
>
> In case this is not known: there is a "cc" frontend to the PureC commandline
> version which is (almost) POSIX compliant.

I know, but this would require to introduce a lot of conditionals into the
Makefiles because PureC needs other source files to build the library. And
that is a major problem: It seems that many of the assembler files for
PureC are not up-to-date.

But if anybody volunteers to write a Makefile for Pure, go ahead. Yet,
Julian, I've rewritten all Makefiles from the scratch. I guess, in their
current state, they wouldn't make a good starting point for Pure.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000