Re: [MiNT] Here documents and CRLF

On Tue, Jun 15, 1999 at 10:47:14PM +0200, Thomas Binder wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Mon, Jun 14, 1999 at 04:57:58PM +0200, Guido Flohr wrote:
> > BTW, the reason for this is that people that know more about security
> > stuff have told me that it is generally a bad idea if the libc calls
> > getenv() behind the programmer's back on setuid programs.
>
> That's true, remember the $NLS_PATH problem Linux' libc had? Anyway,
> although the direct evaluation of $UNIXMODE is removed for s-bit
> programs, it would be nice to have a function to influence the internal
> settings it represents, so that there's a way to change the default if
> it doesn't suit the program's needs, for whatever reason.

I think the only part of UNIXMODE that gets evaluated by the MiNTLib is
the "b" resp. the missing "b".  As far as I remember there is an internal
function _binmode() (or was it a global variable) that you can manually
set.  For FILE*-stream, you can also pass "rb" instead of "b" in the open
type argument.

BTW (just curiosity), could you tell me what that security problem with
Linux was?

Ciao

Guido
--