Re: [MiNT] new VDI?

Frank Naumann <fnaumann@mail.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De> writes:

> Hi!
>
> > > By 'VDI support into GGI', I thought you meant the ability to use VDI calls
> > > on any system supporting GGI. That was what the statement below was about.
> >
> > Ah, no, I meant GGI being able to call VDI. That's good that we
> > agree. ;)
> >
> > Although, we've had small plans to use GGI's graphical routines in our
> > oVDIsis, instead of our own oFBis library we use now. But then we're
> > drifting away from MiNT and off to Linux. :)
>
> What is easier? Adapt fVDI to the GGI interface or adapt the GGI X Server
> to the VDI interface?

I don't know enough GGI (or fVDI for that matter) to say for sure. But
in my case of oVDIsis, all graphical routines are in the separate
oFBis library, and it would be fairly simple to exchange those calls
into GGI-calls instead.

The question is perhaps which is more useful. Adapt GGI to VDI would
make it possible to run GGI programs in TOS (or compatible). Adapt
fVDI to GGI would make it possible to run (natively compiled) VDI
applications on any machine/environment supported by GGI.

Greetings,

Tomas