Re: [MiNT] soon, new site to replace the old one.

> With Heavy mint and mintos sections.
> New ports to mint will be included.

Strange, I had proposed an initial mint.atari.org concept earlier,
but got almost no response....

Anyhow, here's my bit:

Who:   Martin-Éric Racine, 29yrs, Finland

What:  New MiNT Distribution, new MiNTOS (init, login) included.

Plans:  Complete NMD as soon as possible, might involve seriously
        patching the MINTLIB to fix broken behavior that prevents
        older MiNT ports from recompiling using new libs.

        Also, porting ML-PPP with IPX, to allow using split-band
        cable-modem or home-ISDN connections on MiNT (I will have
        cable-modem starting next month, so I need it).

        After that, I would like to start looking into porting
        the Roxen http server.  I like it better than Apache as
        it uses _much_ smaller system resources and it's designed
        for heavily encrypted professional services.

MiNT:  Could allow an Atari to become the ultimate compatibility
       blackbox, between platforms and also allow, say a MEGA,
       to act as a cheap printer spooler and NFS or Samba server
       and also drive an old SLM 804 _plus_ a color inkjet, all
       from the same machine.  If used on a MEGA-STE or TT, one
       can also install a Riebl card which makes this even easier.

Me:    I still use the TT on a daily basis, just added a Riebl
       Ethernet card to it, probably more RAM soon.  I love it.

       However, I forsee myself reverting a _lot_ more to other
       platfroms for certain things that a standard TT cannot
       achieve easily, such as web graphics and html authoring,
       usage of certain industry-standard X software that would
       not work too well on our meager mono X-11r5 port, etc.

       Therfore, I am looking into some expansive Unix box, such
       as SGI or SUN (possibly second-hand, it might be a _lot_
       cheaper) where I know I can get the job done quickly and
       efficiently.

--
Martin-Eric Racine        http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/M-E/
The Atari TT030 Homepage       http://funkyware.atari.org/TT030/