Re: [MiNT] Reibl rc files enclosed

> But you Martin Eric as maintainer of the soon to be MUD gonna change
> all that, right?

Actually, it's NMD and I just renamed it MiNT-FHS. ;-)

Well, those sample rc files were just one example of how I intend on
documenting NMD, although it was mostly a quick and dirty one.  Still,
I learn a _lot_ by reading sample configuration files, so that's what
I produced in this case.

> We gonna have plenty of good, clear documentation about every subject
> anyone could have. MUD is gonna get rid of all the obsolete part of kgmd,
> yet remain somewhat compatible. Right?

Basically, yes.  I've completely eliminated certain parts that either
are obsolete or allow too many security breaches (especially on MiNT,
we lack certain features such as Chroot) and when secure alternatives
exist to replace them.

One example:

Even though I managed to recompile them, rlogin, rsh and rcp will not
be included.   Instead, I expect people to use SSH or, if it's not an
option when connecting to a specific server, revert to Telnet.

Obviously, crypto stuff will have to be downloaded from a European
server, separately from the rest of the package (because of the law
that limits crypto usage in USA) but I still expect people to learn
and adopt the new methods.

--
Martin-Eric Racine        http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/M-E/
The ATARI TT030 Homepage       http://funkyware.atari.org/TT030/