[MiNT] Compiling the kernel/up to date assembler

I was able to avoid the problem over the incorrect number of parameters
for the main function by modifying minimal.h. However now the kernel build
process fails assembling cpu.spp. A number of errors appear referring to
an unknown operator.

I take it this is because my version of the GNU assembler is out of date
and doesn't understand some newer directives used perhaps on the 040 or
more recent processors. Would that be a likely supposition? If so where
can I obtain a more recent assembler? (I looked at a couple of ftp sites
but I was unable to find an assembler.)

One of the errors reads as follows, and the rest are similar:

objs/cpu.s:276:"Unknown operator" -- Statement 'dbraw d2,l30' ignored

| Mario Becroft                * Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group |
| mb@tos.pl.net                * Atari Hardware Developments            |
| http://www.ak.planet.gen.nz/~mario/ * Atari Serial Mouse Interface    |