Re: [MiNT] Here documents and CRLF

"Julian Reschke" <reschke@muenster.de> writes:

|> Keep in mind that the standard line delimiter for TOS systems can't be
|> changed just by saying "we want it the UNIX way". There are lots of sources
|> of text information on a TOS system, and except for some ports of UNIX tools
|> these files always will have CR/LF (not to speak of text files that you
|> might have copied from -- gasp -- a DOS/Windows system).

But if you set 'b' in UNIXMODE you tell MiNTlib that your system is POSIX
compliant in this area, so your get what you deserve if it is not.

If all you care is POSIX then "r" and "rb" are one and the same.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.cs.uni-dortmund.de                      completely different"