RE: [MiNT] MiNT mouse device inverted Y value

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Julian Reschke wrote:

> > I did not mean that the inversion should not be done. What I was trying to
> > say was that since Initmous has a feature designed precisely for inverting
> > the Y axis, why not use it, instead of doing the inversion later after
> > each mouse packet arrives.
>
> Because that would make VDI very sad?

I was not aware that this would cause a problem with the VDI. In that case
it is obviously inappropriate to invert the Y axis in this way, and so
that answers my question.

I noticed that after opening the mouse device the ordinary mouse pointer
(displayed by the AES or VDI?) does not function. After closing the mouse
device the mouse pointer comes back to normal. Is there no way to use the
mouse device while enabling GEM to show the mouse in the usual way?

| Mario Becroft                * Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group |
| mb@tos.pl.net                * Atari Hardware Developments            |
| http://www.ak.planet.gen.nz/~mario/ * Atari Serial Mouse Interface    |