RE: [MiNT] pppd error messages

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 14:53:42 +0200 (CEST), Petr Stehlik wrote:

  Petr, I know this was for Mario, but I'm jumping in because it works
  just fine here too...on my Falcon 030.

PS ->which exact versions of CoNnect and HSMODEM do you use? Which modem port
PS ->on your TT? (I think you have a TT030). What serial ports does your
PS ->CoNnect see under MiNT? Do you use the MODEMDEV variable?

  I'm using CoNnect '95, English, freeware release. HSMODA07.LZH is the
  archive I grabbed DRVIN.PRG and SCC.PRG from (and both run before MINTNP.PRG
  in my AUTO folder).

  When I run CoNnect and pick "port" I see:

  Serial
  Midi
  No port

  Note that I'm using Peter R's SERIAL.CPX from the STing archive because
  it allows access to the Falcons higher port speeds (unlike the stock Atari
  CPX). Under MiNT though, when you access this CPX, it says the port is
  locked and no changes can be made. ;-)

  About the only reference to the modem ports that I could find in my
  MINT.CNF file (or NAES.CNF) were:

# Setting up serial stuff for UNIX environment

ren u:\dev\modem1  u:\dev\ttya
ren u:\dev\modem2  u:\dev\ttyb
#ren u:\dev\serial1 u:\dev\ttyc
#ren u:\dev\serial2 u:\dev\ttyd
ren u:\dev\midi    u:\dev\ttye

PS ->Is there anything in the HSMODEM settings that could affect functionality
PS ->under MiNT? Would it make sense if I asked you for listing the HSMODEM
PS ->settings?

  I'm afraid I don't know. I set mine according to an old AtariWorld article
  for the Falcon... (modem 2)

PS ->I would really like to see pppd and CoNnect working together (not at once,
PS ->obviously) without rebooting to other OS.
PS ->
PS ->Petr

  I surely don't have to do this. In fact I usually grab messages from the
  Atari newsgroups/mailing lists, then quit the 'Net/pppd, edit them, load
  up CoNnect, and post them to my BBS. In one computing session.

  Hope this helps some...

      /               /   SysOp of the DarkForce! BBS   /               /\
     /    --T--      /   Phone 1-606-886-9014 Today!   /     /\        / /
    /  -A T A R I-  /   The Fuji -still- Lives...!!   /  Dark><Chyld  / /
   /      --G--    /   My ICQ # is 2 0 6 2 3 9 0 4   /       \/      / /