[MiNT] Mounting (was: MiNTLib 0.52.3b)

> You don't. Just run a TTP which forces the media change detection

Yes, but Kellis' comment suggests that it is a problem to have to type
something to use a floppy.

> a) If the media change is not detected automatically, something is broken.

Ok then, something's broken. When will it be fixed? :) (Last time I
tried, typing ls /a, changing the floppy and doing ls /a again will give
the dir of the first floppy twice. Unfortunately I have no MiNT machines
here at work (I should talk to our sysadmins about that <g>) but am I
really the only one with that problem? And why do I remember the issue
of mediachanges being an unsolved issue on this list? We aren't still
using the write-protect pin are we? :)

> b) Even in that case, you can do the same thing in Bash (with the right
> tool), and then it's still not worse than under Unix.

I didn't say that it was. :)

> > And still nobody has told me what is so terrible about automount.
>
> Nothing is terrible about the concept of automounting -- this is why MiNT is
> doing it :-)

:)

Then I don't see what the problem is, except for the broken mediachange
detection.

Maurits.