Re: [MiNT] bash new version

On Sun, Sep 05, 1999 at 12:56:53PM +0300, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> Similarly, none of the Bash 2.xx work with SSHD on MiNT; after the
> password is accepted, Bash is started then stalls on "stop" so I had
> to revert to using Bash 1.14.x since I need to access my TT by remote.
>
> Regarding SSH/SSHD, several of us are investigating this; hopefully
> we will soon figure it out and fix our MiNT port.

I think this is already fixed in the Sparemint version of bash.  If you
compile bash without patches, then SIGSTOP will not be handled correctly.

Try to run a time consuming task like "find /usr/ >/dev/null 2>&1".
Hit CTRL-Z, will you get a prompt?  Now start another shell,
send the find command in the first shell a SIGCONT.  Does it
continue?

If this is your problem then it is fixed in the Sparemint bash.

BTW, hitting CTRL-Z should show something like this:

bash-2.03# find /usr/ >/dev/null 2>&1   [ Hit CTRL-Z now ]

[1]+  Stopped                 find /usr/ >/dev/null 2>&1
bash-2.03#

Ciao

Guido
--