Re: [MiNT] W-Server?

> I was wandering among Atari supporting FTPs and I found that W-Server and its
> clients. Somebody knows what it's supposed to be? Is it worth while looking at
> it? (It is not so young.)

Get latest sources from:
	http://www.students.tut.fi/~t150315/

> Or trashing it would be a sufficient experiment with it? In the folder,
> I also saw an archive call Wetscape that sound appealing...
> I was wondering.
>
> I'm asking because I don't want to download several Mb of plain cr*p. My hard
> disk is already overfilled with MiNT stuff.  <g>

W window system is a bit like X (on MiNT it's smaller&faster than X),
except that the programs that come with W and W toolkit, are all there
are for it.

If you're not a programmer, you could forget it.  If you want
to program remotely executable programs (on other machine) that
display their stuff on your machine, then you could use W.
It's easier to program than GEM and more portable.

	- Eero