Re:[MiNT] ct2 vs mint

> I see your ide-drive is somewhat different from mine. All these problems...
> blech.

IDE rules. :-)

> But you can use SCSI only for your mint setup (more safe anyway)?

As I said, at the moment I have no choice. :) And I don't really miss
the IDE (it was 178mb and my scsi drive is 4.3gb), except for the fact
that all my driveletters are wrong now. :) But I dunno, if I find a nice
cheap 1gb laptop ide harddisk (being ditched because it's much too small
for Winbloats) I'll prolly put it in. But I can live without it. Just
seems to be a bit of a waste to leave the space and the ide connection
open when you can fill it up with harddisk space. :-)

Ok the boot takes a bit longer now (at least in tos 4) but hey, with
uptimes like this, who's booting? :) Until now I thought my Falcon
misteriously froze after running MiNT for a few days, because my screen
would stay black (darkened by Centscreen) despite me pressing keys or
moving the mouse. But yesterday I discovered it doesn't actually freeze,
but it's just Centscreen buggering. :) As we speak, my laptop is
transferring a 450mb file to the Falcon. The Falcon's screen cannot be
"woken" from it's blackness, but the file transfer is going on
undisturbed. So I'll let it finish the transfer and then reboot. :)
(Might be nvdi 4 playing tricks on me, and nvdi might also be the cause
of the buserrors, as suggested by Anders. I'll try nvdi 5!)

To all who are helping me: I haven't had much time to play around with
the Falcy (I'm mailing from work) :) so if I haven't responded to a
suggestion it doesn't mean it doesn't work. :)

Maurits.

---

iMac - Whinegums without the taste