Re: [MiNT] Getting started with MiNT [Corrected url]

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> > And came up with the conclusion that mint/multitos etc should be
> > droped down to only 1 folder.
> >
> > someone came up with mintboot/ (which fits 8+3), I think we all
> > liked that. (or could be bootmint/)
>
> Again, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Some people prefer mint/
> others multitos/ and myself, I use a mixture of both.

if it ain't broke don't fix it, ok, Well I guess I'm fine with that, I
guess i'll know what i'll tell the other people when they have problems
related to that.
second thing) I can already tell you that when the guy who wrote the
beginners page (who started the thread) will have prob with installing
kgmd for example.  That is 1 example, and really I think I actually know
what I'll do, I'll forward you all the email I get about that.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. And you are the one arguing about some
fhs, how VITAL it is to have /sbin instead of /usr/sbin, or /root instead
of /home/root.
You are saying some weird things sometimes just because you based your
'knowledge' on what you think you saw. (I am not saying I am any better,
we are ALL hobbist here).
All that because some "prefer" using mint instead of multitos, or
mintboot, what the hell is the difference? if it can make life much
easier?

Same type of thing that you absolutely have to start a huge thread about
mounting manually when we have a pretty nice system (remember we are not
commercial servers that have to remain 24/7 available to customer to vital
data where rebooting is not an option. Hence mounting becomes interesting,
only at that point, for user point of view it just a big pain for nothing,
or so little).

Same thing with U not showing the drive letters.

I am fine with whatever you "all" say, I do know that MANY people are
reminescent about their favorite folder name (whichever it might be).

Qfunk, you use a mixture of mint/ and multitos/ ?
And sometimes wonder why your system crashes a lot, or reacts weird?
Every pieces of your setup seems to be so marginal that really it doesn'
surprise me you can't get the thing up and running properly, Which of
course comes down to frank fault, or Draco's or whomever.
Trying to symlink within symlink I thought I read also?
Boy you are not scared, and quite confident of what you are doing.

Qfunk, sorry if I sound mad, don't take it personally please.

Just that it is EXACTLY what I expected.
Now I am actually expecting some more answers like yours from some other
people,. You just happened to be the first one to answer ;)

argh.
/me starting to wonder....