Re: [MiNT] Sparemint and FHS

> Debian is not fully FHS compliant, e.g. /usr/doc, which gave them a
> lots of headaches. To that I would assume, you are using dpkg or apt
> for package management, not rpm, if you are talking about debianized.

Not fully, but nonetheless getting there.  Most packages that could
be easily FHSized have been already and others are in process, but
the main point is, no new packages are distributed using old paths.

Yes, you are correct that Debian uses a different packaging tool.
My only point was, Debian has pledged to FHSize everything and now
they are almost done.

Meanwhile, Sparemint re-introduces the aging Red Hat paths, instead
of upgrading straight to the current standard, FHS.

This is where I feel we are wasting time, first trying to catch up
with Red Hat paths, then upgrading to FHS later.  Upgrading straight
to FHS would be more productive, IMHO.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk