[MiNT] Ethernet bug fixed

Hallo Torsten,

You might recall that bug I reported, where the number of in-errors
reported by ifconfig was equal to the number of out-packets, on the
Riebl VME Ethernet?

I found the fix and am describing it here, in case it helps others:

If you are using an AUI-to-TP adapter, enable the "SQE Test" option
(it is also sometimes called "heartbeat mode") by sliding the dip
switch usually found on the side of the adapter "ON".

This has reduced my in-error number to zero.

FYI, that SQE mode is an Ethernet extension that allows transparently
piggybacking some sort of checksum on top of every packet, to enable
the hardware to perform internal error-correction.  According to many
Ethernet FAQs, it was not a part of the Ethernet 1.0 specs so it isn't
supported by every manufacturer.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk