Re: [MiNT] Detecting dialup connections

On Sun, 26 Sep 1999, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> > PS: What's the conclusion about the xfs/xdd and cnf search path/behaviour?
>
> Keep it as it is, but recommend people use mint/ instead of multitos/
> and recompile things that might be relying on multitos/ if necessary.

Says who?

As far as I know it hasn't been decided.
And if we had to decide today I would think that there was more vote to
keep mint/ than keeping multitos/ AND mint/.
Qfunk, you've kept the whole thread?
IF someone has a good argument about keeping multitos, I would like to
hear it.
It just doesn't make any sense to keep this folder search in mint src.
As much as naes/ or oasis/ wouldn't make any sense either.
Let's keep it separate and simple, shall we?

Qfunk, after the "Selfproclaiming Sparemint participant" to the surprise
of many, You are now the "Project Leader" for MiNT kernel, always nice to
know. As far as I know this is a community here, trying to agree upon new
ideas. Some have to bring good points to counter-balance the way a project
is heading. Ignoring the people/users votes is not a good thing in my
opinion.
If it is still too unclear about the multitos/ folder issue, I guess we
need to take another poll, the problem here is that people get annoyed to
read about something that works on their setup.

I don't think we can think like that.

Were the old lib format of linux "broken" before glibc?

Thanks.