Re: [MiNT] New KERNEL 1.15 beta4

Hi kellis,

On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 05:51:01PM +0000, kellis wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Guido Flohr wrote:
> > The new kernel uses new error codes.  Maybe your program relies on the old
> > ones.  It is possible that Pwaitpid now does return ECHILD (-21) instead
> > of ENOENT (-33).  If this is the case, then it should be changed back.
> > It may cause compatibility problems and the new MiNTLib (that is aware of
> > the new error codes) will automatically change ENOENT to ECHILD.
> >

> That is EXACTLY what i was doing :) checking for -33
> So what should I do now?
> Coz problems will be coming I guess? If i am the only one using -33, I can
> change it in 2 min to -21..
> Or rather have the kernel still expect -33? Up to you guys.

For compatibility with old kernels you still have to check for -33.  What
about:

	case -33:
	case -21:
		/* No children.  */

I have to check the latest kerner sources.  For Pwaitpid it is probably
better to stay with ENOENT and let the library change it to ECHILD.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/