Re: [MiNT] Olga, QED, and aMAIL...?

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 02:39:00AM +0200, Helmut_Karlowski@mausd.gun.de wrote:
> Hallo Guido
>
> GF>Anyway, setting up smail for that purpose is really simple. When
> GF>installing the smail rpm you have to edit one single config file (four
> or
> GF>five lines) and everything is already prepared. Really not that hard.
>
> BTW: When I try to rpm -i smail, rpm complains about missing gzip and
> /bin/sh which both exist.

But rpm doesn't know that.

> In general: Everytime another package (or program) is required, rpm
> fails to find it even if it exists, eg /bin/sh, else it works ok.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

Yes, add the following line to /etc/rpmrc:

Provides: /bin/sh gzip

And if some day rpm complains about "foobar" missing make it:

Provides: /bin/sh gzip foobar

On the other hand, if you install the gzip package or bash (which provides
"/bin/sh") you should remove those entries from /etc/rpmrc so that the
dependency checking on these packages gets turned on again.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/