Re: [MiNT] New signal SIGPWR - Power failure (restart)

Hi!

On Sun, Oct 17, 1999 at 02:52:49AM +0200, Guido Flohr wrote:
> Would it be a problem to raise a SIGPRIV instead?

Dunno - but see below.

> I haven't seen problems but they came.  The kernel didn't even boot
> and I couldn't find out why.

Mind if I try again? I have gathered some experience now in debugging
non-booting kernels ...

On another topic (Frank told me to ask you): Why does struct stat
use 64-bit-integers for dev and rdev? And why has Dsetkey() been changed
to expect a 64-bit-integer instead of a drive number?

Why would you need 64 bits for a device number? Even IRIX64 (that's
64-bit-IRIX, not IRIX 6.4) has 32-bit values for these in its
64-bit-filesystem structures (struct stat64). I really see no reason to
provide such a large range for device numbers, but maybe I'm missing
something?

Ciao

Thomas

--