Re: [MiNT] mintbin

Frank Naumann wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > Any libs since 0.49 (or was it 0.50) take 6-8 hours to compile on
> > my TT and usually fail right after the basic libc, when it gets
> > to the TZ library part, so I can never get any of the baserel or
> > other bits done because of this.
>
> Never noticed ...
>
> > Even worse, the new building method prevents anyone from resuming
> > a failed make; one must delete the entire folder, unpack a fresh
> > source, reconfigure, then recompile.  With the previous Makefile
> > format, one could stop the process or resume one that generated
> > errors.  Why was this changed?
>
> Seems to me you don't understand whats going on.
>
> Tschuess
>    ...Frank

  Please offer a little info, Frank.   I dont have a muscle machine.
  my poor little MEGA 4 is a tight fit.  I only have 200 megs of
  space all together,  and only a 15 meg partition for MINT.
  I have mint installed on 'N:\', and I run MSH on my system
  because no hocus pocus will make KSH or even bash work.
  I personally have compiled thousands of programs, some of which
  I wrote myself.  Currently, I am working on the disassembler
  from  MOTOROLA.  I have down graded to the source to MWC
  and am thinking about the varargs problem .   MWC is K&R....
  I have LATTICE 5.5 but it is notably cranky.

  I personally have a problem with the LINUX libraries.  From
  SLACKWARE 2.0 to SLACKWARE 3.0 the libraries have turned
  inside out and noone I can talk to knows why.   I have discovered
  that slackware linux expects a clean install, and is not
  reliable if I upgrade my system.   I now have 10 versions of
  all libraries in /lib and I have programs that need ALL of them
  at one time or another.  This problem with the libraries actually
  seems to come from a small group on the net that has tacit
  responsiblity for the libraries.

  By the way,  I dont use RPMs,  That is REDHAT.  My linux box is
  as I said, SLACKWARE.

  My biggest problem is a shortage of disk space.  I store
  software on my PC, but I keep coming up short.

  Martin I understand your frustration,  and Frank I think some
  explaination of what he might be doing wrong would benifit
  lurkers like myself.

--
Joe Widows  --   972 783 8944
I go sailing in the summer and look at stars in the winter.