Re: [MiNT] text/html

johnnie ligotage <johnnie@ligotage.demon.co.uk> writes:

> > On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Thomas Binder wrote:
> >
> > > Is it possible, on the mailing list's end, to filter/block mails with
> > > text/html? Best would be returning it to the sender with an appropiate
> > > note why his message is rejected.
> > >
> > > Or does the majority approve text/html here? Then I'll accept it, though
> > > I will ignore such mails. And yes, call me "hopelessly conservative", if
> > > you want ...
>
> Good idea.
>
> Maybe when a person subscribes, the confirmation email could have such a
> message in it.

I just added a section to the list FAQ, committed it into CVS, and will
be adding the text into the subscription message straight after sending
this mail.

Here's the new part, additions and corrections are welcome:

  3.4 HTML (or text/html) mail and file attachments

      Sending mail as text/html is discouraged. Please do not send
      text/html or text/enriched mail to the list. Sending large file
      attachments should also be avoided, as some people have to pay per
      minute (or per megabyte) when they download mail.