Re: [MiNT] TZ change?

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, Frank Naumann wrote:

> > Btw, that timezone database really should not be called MINTLIB,
> > but instead TZLIB or LOCALELIB, since it has nothing to do with
> > the programming lib.
>
> The timezone database is an important part of the MiNT-Lib
> and can't be sperated.

It already is:

TIMELIB:  mintlib-0.53-1.m68kmint.rpm
MINTLIB:  mintlib-devel-0.53-1-m68kmint.rpm

Giving each the proper name would be desirable.  It should be:

TIMELIB:  timelib-0.53-1.m68kmint.rpm
MINTLIB:  mintlib-0.53-1-m68kmint.rpm

This has the merit of maintaining the traditional naming scheme,
and is far more clear about the content.  You can declare that
MINTLIB has a dependancy called TIMELIB in the RPM; it works.

> And it has a lot todo with the programming lib. The MiNT-Lib
> itself access the timezone database.

Which results in applications hard-coded to change to winter time
according to the timezone of whoever compiled a binary.   Clumsy.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk