Re: [MiNT] About GCC 2.9.1

Hi!

> Hardcoded paths is the fact that include and library directories
> should be at /usr/local/[lib|include]. In fact I was unable
> to compile since I understood that those directory should
> be present. That can't be replaced by a "-I" or a "-L" option
> from GCC.

Right, like in gcc 2.8.1. The only difference to 2.8.1 is that 2.8.1 is
patched to evaluate additional environment variables for TOS/MagiC
compatibility. As I said I don't have the time to do this for every new
GCC release.

> I'm not calling GCC directly. The Makefile is usefull for that.
> But in my makefile I have something like that :

> CFLAGS=		-O4 -m68000 -I/usr/include
> LFLAGS =	-o eureka.prg -L/usr/lib
> CC =            /usr/local/bin/gcc
>
> # Make's implicit rules for making a .o file from a .c file...
> #
> .c.o :
> 	$(CC) -S $(CFLAGS) $*.c
> 	$(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) $*.s
> 	rm -S $*.s

Use:

%.o: %.c
	$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c $< -o $@

> Yes, the new libs are .a instead of .olb and should begin with
> lib.

Sorry, I mean the libs are in a different format. Not just a name change.

> Just one thing, how MT_AES16.olb should be renamed taking
> account of the 8.3 format ? I'm working with TOSFS !

And sorry again, for gcc 2.91.66 you need a Unix filsystem. I don't tested
anything other and I can't say if it works. I think it don't work.

> But what I told you is that the latest ld from binutil 2.9.1
> doesn't recognize the "crt0.o". He tells me /usr/lib/crt0.o
> file not found, though it exists.

You must start all new binaries from u: (bug in this MiNT-Lib version).

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 040