[MiNT] Security again

Hi Jo!

JE>Well, is it any better to make it dependant on MiNT? Atleast TraPatch
JE>will work with TOS and MagiC as well.
It won't be dependant on MiNT because the TSR will still be available with a
compatible (i.e. the new) interface

JE>That's true. But he's probably not programming for MiNT in the first
JE>place.
Yes, many people don't program for MiNT in first place.
And I'm sure that most of them are not willing to create a second version of
their programs for MiNT. If it's necessary to bend a vector under MagiC or
TOS, they will do so under MiNT as well. And if you do not allow vector
bending under MiNT, you will just exclude this program from running under
MiNT.
So the only thing you get is that you increase the splitting of the Atari
world.
Is this what you want?

JE>I'm not quite sure what you mean.
He only suggested solutions for some existing TSRs.
His suggestion contained no information how programers could avoid vector
bending in their software

JE>Is there something that you can't implement as a XFS or XDD today?
JE>Remember, you can bend vectors as much as you like inside the kernel,
JE>so basically anything can be implemented as a XDD.
Where is the difference between a XDD/XFS and a TSR concerning vector bending
and stability?

Bye

                Joerg