Re: [MiNT] minimal support base

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999 12:17:53 +0200 (EET), Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

>> If others want to be stuck in a timewarp with limited machines
>> and not upgrade at all, then how can the software improve?  I
>> think sometimes people expect to much from an old ST.  ;-)
>
>This is why I asked.  What can we expect from an ST?

I don't know the amount of work it takes to maintain a kernal,
but I'd guess it's quite alot.  I know from my own work that
one program along can be much work in itself.  I don't see
the FPU as kernal related, far as I know the kernal only
reports if it's there, not actually using it.

Only someone into development can answer this.

Atari Computer User: Lonny Pursell        E-Mail: atari@bright.net
WWW: http://www.bright.net/~atari/       IRC: lp @ #Atari @ IRCnet