RE: [MiNT] XBIOS function bending

Hi Julian,

> Are you sure about that? I would guess that it uses the document BIOS vector
> table (not the trap -- the system variables).

I'm completely sure for I looked in the ROM ...
A lot of things are done like that in TOS. For instance, the interrupt
handlers which manage keyboard/MIDI don't get the keyboard vector base
using Kbdvbase() but directly access it assuming that it is located at $1136
(TOS 4.04). The MIDI functions of the _KBDVECS returned by Kbdvbase()
directly jump to the ROM and don't use the vectors written in the _KBDVECS ...
Same for Midiws, which doesn't use BIOS documented BIOS vectors ...

It's just an example ... I guess it was done like this to save CPU time
on the "slow" ST, but it has not been changed for the latest TOS. And it's
not up to FreeMiNT to replace the BIOS. I do hope that engineers at Milan
have written a clean BIOS !

(I still don't have an answer to my question so if you have any idea ... :-) )

Vincent