Re: [MiNT] key binding.

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:17:22 -0000, Anthony Jacques wrote:

AJ>> Which atari has power controled psu thingy type?
AJ>
AJ>That would be the same ones that have UPS's. <grin>.

I have just found out that a small UPS for single computer costs less
than $100. It runs very quietly and has a very neat design. It can also
protect the machine and modem against storm flashes on both AC and
telephone lines. Naturally it has a RS232 connector and software driver
for Windows.

I was rather skeptic when I read Guido's messages about SIGPWR and
powerd/initd but now I see it in a different light. A flash already
killed my modem (repair costed $300) and since a good flash protection
costs at least $40 I may simply add another $60 and get the UPS as well.
Then I will be very interested in MiNT supporting the UPS :-)

Petr
--
E-mail: joy@sophics.cz                                    PARCP developer
   WWW: http://joy.atari.org/                            MiNTOS/Linux user