Re: [MiNT] Security again

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 10:28:43 +0100 (MET), Johan Klockars wrote:

> Including something like TraPatch in the kernel would make it immediately
> available for everyone running MiNT. Hopefully, that would result in more
> programs using it (instead of direct hooking (I certainly wouldn't want to
> promote hooking in the first place ;-)).

I agree that this will be useful, but only if it's possible to use the same
API under TOS or MagiC. I think a separate TSR would do, but I think it
must meet two conditions to succeed:

1. It must be distributed under a license that allows anybody to distribute
   it with their own programs.
2. The source must be available to everybody so bugfixing and further
   development can be ensured.

I have experimented a bit with TraPatch myself, and it appears to work
flawlessy, but I must admit that I haven't read the license...

/*
**
*/