Re: [MiNT] What's in, what's out?

> > Sure? How many programs do already use that one broken function?
>
> Ssystem? Every program that is compile with the MiNTLib.  It was already
> in the MiNTLib when I took over maintainance for it and that is quite a
> time.
>
> Besides, Konrad has already stated it: You can easily work around the
> shortcomings, in fact if you follow the recommended usage (check for
> Ssystem being available first, and later you usually don't have to expect
> errors) you will have no problems.

Speaking of which (Ssystem()) I see no problem with the extension so that
S_GETxVAL would write return value to a desired memory location (returning
E_OK in d0). I just didn't know it is needed.

timer = Ssystem(S_GETLVAL, 0x4baL, 0)

is easier, a little small bit faster and uses a little small bit less
memory (no additional variable needed) than a

r = Ssystem(S_GETLVAL, 0x4baL, &timer)

for example, not even talking about Supexec() to a separate function.

The call was implemented when I was (considered) kernel maintainer. Jerry
Geiger came with the idea and I found it useful. And saying truth, I still
find this call useful and easy to use, eventhough it does not really
conform all modern standards possible to think of.

Gtx,

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@atari.org                  |  Atari Falcon030 user   |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.