Re: [MiNT] Re: MagiC News(MagiC 7, New Webbrowser, (fwd)

> Notice also, within the same thread, that ASH is aiming squarely
> towards more powerfull clones;  Ethernet cards simply don't exist
> on old ST

I have a TT, a Falcon and an ST. The only computer I can get online is the
ST, because this hard to find bionet dma adaptor was the only ethernet
node I could get my hands on (in fact I have two and I can get more), and
it doesn't work on a TT. I haven't heard from the man from AG
Computertechnik since I asked him about his VME boards. So basically,
ethernet is hard to establish on any Atari except the most powerful
clones, but I think Hades/Milan owners are a smaller minority than ST
owners. I do agree with you on the rest though, I just wanted to point
this out. :-)

As I said before, when you limit development to 68000 and 4mb max, you
might as well stick to MiNT 1.15, which is exactly what ST owners
(including me) can do while MiNT moves on to expecting more memory.
Otherrwise it would mean we'd never make full use of the more powerful
Ataris out there, which would be a shame. Especially since we can have it
both ways.

Sorry for repeating myself but I have a feeling my point isn't coming
through. :-)

Maurits.

| BassMent Productions | Proud sponsor of: |    * P M P * |
| http://www.bassment.demon.nl   *   http://pmp.atari.org |