Re: [MiNT] Security again

> Including something like TraPatch in the kernel would make it immediately
> available for everyone running MiNT. Hopefully, that would result in more
> programs using it (instead of direct hooking

for me, as an application programmer, is important to have the TraPatch
functionality in all TOS-compatible OSes. Otherwise I would have to code
two ways of hooking into vectors and test for TraPatch presence in my own
application. I am too lazy to do that. In my applications I prefer
compatibility with TOS and MagiC so I would stay with good^H^H^H^Hbad old
style of hooking to vectors unless something like TraPatch would be
included into MagiC and TOS as well.

In other words, I am afraid that MiNT with internal TraPatch would produce
more binaries that would be unnecessarily MiNT-only, very similarly to
WDIALOG.

Just my immediate opinion.

Petr