[MiNT] Re: ./m68k-atari-mint/... in their paths was something else

no no no no no!

All the variants of the GNU C compilers are installed in a place that
contains their architecture name.

On this linux-box, it's installed in
"/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.7.2.3/". And, this is where the
specs file lives. The various front-ends, eg gcc, are installed somewhere
in your $PATH.

This is so that you can have different versions, AND cross-compilers. And,
a lot more besides.

Is the reason you are having trouble with the downloads from Frank's page
because you are changing the locations of the various files? I suspect so.
Frank has produced packages that you unpack whilst your $PWD=/. If, for
example, you are unpacking the archives in $HOME and then moving
$HOME/usr/local/lib/gcc/m68k-atari-mint/2.8.1/specs to /usr/lib, etc, etc,
then no wonder you are having trouble.

I could of course be completely wrong. If so, please ignore.

Salut/.

J/.
__
John Blakeley