Re: [MiNT] Security again

Hi!

> Uhm, I've never said anything else. I even mentioned that call a couple of
> letters back.
> The point is that Frank is against vector bending as a concept, which I
> can fully understand. One reason for this thread is that I maintain that
> _some_ control over this is better than _none_.

I understand what you mean and what is your intention.

> We _can't_ forbid this, or a significant portion of Atari software will
> stop working.

What software do you mean?

> In any case, the TRAP-chains are mainly an 'AUTO-folder' problem. I'm not
> focusing on what applications do later here.

Ok, so we focus on resident system tools that are at the moment started
before MiNT.

> From the beginning (of TraPatch as well as my letters on the subject), the
> major reasons for proposing a kernel addition has been to improve the
> efficiency of system calls and to provide a 'standardized' interface for this.

As MiNT have full control over it's system calls too I don't see why it
improve the efficiency of system calls.

> Frank refuses to see that I'm _not_ talking about application-level
> redirection here.

I see now that you mean. But in this case I see no enhancement
(control enhancement, stability enhancement).

At the moement are all tools that are loaded before MiNT part of the kern.
If you load it after MiNT it must be explicitly hacked into the kern
area.

If you crash inside the kern there is mostly no way of restauration ->
kernel panic.

So what control do you mean?

Tschuess
   ...Frank