RE: [MiNT] bash question

Perhaps I should have clarified my previous question with the full info!
;-)

On the Linux box I telnet to, from an stv52 terminal type, I have this set
up:

~/etc/termcap	- this is just the stv52/st52 sections, taken from my
                  falcons termcap.
~/terminfo      - this contains a directory 's' which contains just the
                  'st*' terminfo files, again from my falcon.

Then, in the '~/.bash_profile' I have:

if [ "X$TERM" = "Xstv52" ]; then
        echo Atari - $TERM
        export TERMINFO=~/terminfo
        export TERMCAP=~/etc/termcap
fi

if [ "X$TERM" = "Xst52" ]; then
        echo Atari - $TERM
        export TERMINFO=~/terminfo
        export TERMCAP=~/etc/termcap
fi

Now, on my falcon, up/down-arrows do nothing. When I telnet to this linux
box, the arrows work. The terminfo and termcap files are EXACTLY the same
on my falcon and on the linux box.

I don't understand.

By the way, this gets around the problem of ISP's who won't install atari
enties onto their servers, for those that have shell accounts. ;-)

Salut/.

J/.
__
John Blakeley