Re: [MiNT] RPM bus errors after ncurses

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 18, 2000 at 09:21:36AM -0600, Michael White wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    As you all may (or may not) know, I had problems installing the
> ncurses library.  Specifically, it hung after all the hash marks
> were printed.
>
>    Regardless, though, I went ahead and installed the ncurses development
> library to allow me to build Lynx, over-riding it's need for the ncurses
> library.  Now, whenever I use the command "rpm -qa" I get a bus fault:
>
> User PC=0
> Address=17E2ED6
> Basepage=17C9C40
> Text=17C9D40
>
> Any hints on how to clean this up?  Or what's wrong with ncurses?

Try to rebuild the rpm database with "rpm --rebuilddb".  It is very likely
that you have screwed up your database with the kill -9.  If that doesn't
help, I hope you have a backup of your database. :-(

If "rpm --rebuilddb" also crashes or takes more than one hour, your
database is definitely corrupted.

Ciao

Guido
--