[MiNT] timezone change

Hi Guido!

GF>Did my reply sound rude?
It didn't sound rude to me

GF>Impossible.
Never say never ;-)

GF>There is no guaranty that tzinit is really the very first thing
GF>executed by the kernel.
One could integrate tzinit into the kernel and save the last used TZ
somewhere where it could be found at boot time...

GF>A few timestamps will always be wrong.  The last access time of
GF>/sbin/tzinit, of /boot/mint/minix.xfs, /boot/auto/mint.prg, ...
TOS-FS supports access times?
For /sbin/tzinit you're certainly right

GF>But I think I have given a lot of reasons why a UTC clock is superior
GF>to a time keeping model based on local time.
Yes, and I think this whole thread hadn't come up if this explanation would
have been added to saying that the RTC should run in UTC

GF>As for the existing bugs, I can only promise that I will try to fix
GF>them.
I have no doubt on that

GF>P.S.: I still don't know what `IIRC' means ...
If I Remember Correctly

Bye

                Joerg