Re: [MiNT] chroot()

Frank Naumann <fnaumann@freemint.de> writes:

> Hello!
>
> > bash# /bin/ls                [2]
> > bash: /bin/ls: path not found
> > bash# bin/ls                 [3]
> > bin         dev         home       lost+found  root         tmp          var
> > boot        etc         lib        mnt         sbin         usr
> >
> > [1] my /h/ is a root-like tree, which is seen in [3].
> > I have /bin in the PATH, but as seen in [2], it can't even find my ls
> > when I write the full path on the command line. If I write any
> > relative path, as in [3], it works just fine.
> >
> > Ideas, anyone? Am I missing something?
>
> Which MiNTLib is linked with this 'ls'? If the MiNTLib convert the
> pathname into a DOS style name the lookup will fail under a chrooted
> environment.
>
> /bin/ls -> u:\bin\ls

The 'ls' is taken from KEMD, so it's probably an old MiNTLib, but it's
not the 'ls' which gives the error, it's bash.. The bash is version
2.02, don't know what MiNTLib-version.

Hmm.. I've also compiled a bash 2.04, which doesn't have this problem,
so it must be that the bash uses an old MiNTLib.

However, my bash 2.04 has a different problem. Pressing Return moves
the cursor down only, not to the beginning of the new line. I mailed
the guy who compiled the bash 2.02, but he never answered. Does anyone
here know of this problem, and perhaps has a patch for it?

Is there a way to get the old bash to not do this conversion? Like
setting the UNIXMODE variable to something magic? Right now, I have it
set to "/brUs", but I don't know what it means.

Greetings,

Tomas