Re: [MiNT] Proposal for SLB extension

Hi Joerg,

> KMK>so there is *no* need to waste resources (either CPU time or memory)
> KMK>on supplying that for *each* library function.
> Well, I think speeding up MiNT's trap handler will have a much greater effect
> on performance than saving one single long word parameter on shared lib
> calls.
> So IMO this should be done first

I don't think the trap handler can be speeded up greatly, but if you think
so and have an idea, go ahead. This however does not have much in common
with the SLB, rather it would be a general optimization.

> KMK>The proposal I made makes this optional: i.e. if someone wants the
> KMK>old behaviour, it can be easily done. Also there is perfect backward
> KMK>compatibility.
> The backdraw of your proposal is that you have to check wheter the basepage
> pointer is needed at run time. So your code has to deal with both
> possibilities.

Nope :) The flags would be only checked once at the time when Slbopen()
call is being made.

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.