Re: [MiNT] MiNT-Net + GEM + Newsgroups?

On Tue, 17 Apr 2000, Remi Villatel wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> The question is in the title: What does exist to read/write the newsgroups
> under GEM with MiNT-Net?

aMail will do.

> All I found is for STing... No use! So...
>
> Wait a minute! What the name of that thing, that "gateway" to use STing clients
> with MiNT-Net?

gluestik. in which case you can use newsie, firestorm and such.

> Well, I change my question: What do you guys (and girl) use under GEM to read
> and write in the newsgroups? What is the best?

I personally use PINE in TOSWIN for news. It is not GEM per se, but I
choose what client to use, I don't look GEM vs cli. I just take whatever's
good and available. PINE just did it for me, that's all it matters. as
newsgroup and email is TEXT based anyway, I don't deal with pictures,
sounds etc in my email. And even so. from PINE (cli) you can display
attachment in the GEM env if needed.