RE: [MiNT] MiNT and MetaDOS

Actually, something went wrong here when I replied.

The correct answer is: yes, I could. But why should I? Which problem do you
intend to solve by that?

> Btw. what do you mean with "audio support"? Is it to play
> CD's in the usual way, i.e. using the analog outputs of
> the CD-player, or is it to rip audio-tracks from the CD
> over SCSI?

Every kind of audio support. Without MetaXBS, SPIN.XFS will only handle data
CDs.

> M-E: Since Spin! supports audio with MetaDOS it's obvious
> that it's implemented in the XFS itself. Whether this is

????

> possible without MetaDOS depends entirely on the hardware-
> driver. If HD-Driver doesn't support it, neither can Spin!

The reason why I don't want to move the audio support from the BOS driver
into the XFS is simple: it would prevent you to use somebody else's BOS
driver -- for instance one that was written to use a CD-ROM on the parallel
or ROM port.

Regards, Julian